Climate Change in Action – Let’s Battle Plastic Together!
The Zonta Club of Chatham-Kent is partnering with Tru Earth, a Canadian company committed to eliminating plastic from oceans and landfills. Through your purchases, you are supporting Zonta Chatham-Kent on a local level, taking personal action for the health of you, your family and your community but also joining others in supporting climate action across the globe. Your purchase helps people.
Do your laundry in a revolutionary new way with Eco-Strips
Each Tru Earth Eco-Strip packs ultra-concentrated, hypoallergenic, eco-friendly cleaning power into a tiny, pre-measured strip of detergent that you just toss in the wash.
• New zero-waste compostable packaging
• No measuring & no mess
• Dissolves completely in Hot or Cold Water
• Works in all washing machines, including HE, front loads or top loads
• Helps keep 700,000,000 plastic jugs out of landfills per year
TRU EARTH CERTIFICATIONS:
• Readily biodegradable in accordance with OECD 310D
• Hypoallergenic, certified by independent dermatologists
• Vegan: no animal-based ingredients or testing on animals by us or our ingredient suppliers
Zonta International says NOW
“Since many women are social leaders, we can take the lead to make changes toward carbon neutrality and support government and international initiatives to combat climate change.” In 2021 Zonta International created a list of climate-positive actions that all governments can, and should, take as they confront the climate crisis in their countries.
Often women and girls are most affected by climate change. In Madagascar, for example, adolescent girls are often pulled out of school to help fetch water, which can take a full day’s journey. Zonta International and other key stakeholders came together for a conversation about climate change and its unique impacts on women and girls. Watch this episode from the Zonta Advocacy Series.
The climate is changing, and we need to change too. Join Zonta in ensuring that women and girls are at the centre of those changes.